Saturday, March 12, 2011

LinuxExtras-Gentoo-11

Gentoo was my last conversion or convergence.
I had seen a Gentoo live CD (probably 2008) and KiWi Linux (I may be wrong here) which was probably a Gentoo Linux derivative but never caught my eye till I discovered XBMC in Sabayaon.

The latest edition which I downloaded yesterday is pretty impressive.

In 2.3 GiB it has everything a newbie needs and XBMC (Media Center).
It has both 32 bit and 64 bits editions.
It is good as gold for Linux Lovers.
In 10 years it has the stature and only Knoppix can boast and can rival.

If not for my search for Linux 100 and the discovery of Sabayon and XBMC I would not have been writing this piece.

Thanks a lot guys and girls.

Please excuse me for my ignorance and not including you in my Linux 100.

You are in the top 10 in my list and even though you are around 20 in the distrowatch (Sabayon is in the top 10) if you introduce few live CDs and LXDEs, you will be envy of the rest.

XBMC may be heavy to be put in a CD distribution but that as a separate edition in your repertoire (do not let it die a natural death of under usage) of live CDs will add spice to your distribution of high quality.

I would have preferred you put blender in the DVD in future version with XMBC and that will be the best multimedia and graphic Linux image for newbies and the savvy..

No comments:

Post a Comment