Friday, June 28, 2024

Voyager Linux

Voyager Linux is pretty good for a newbie.

It is Ubuntu on steroids.

It is Ubuntu on steroids even though the desktop looks like Gnome.

It configures the WiFi smoothly.

It has plenty of utilities

It has Private FireFox browser in addition to normal Firefox but one has to download it.

It has SNAP in addition to Synaptic Package Manager. 

The to package managers do not synchronize and install two editions of the same application.

I always install AbiWord and it had two.

Only the one installed with the Synaptic Package Manager opens and the other in the container freezes. 

This is why I always favour (not SNAP) Synaptic or Flathub.

Installer is plain and simple Ubuntu Installer.

Icons are big and good for old guy like me.

Installer detected the 20 odd partitions correctly.

It has Gparted.

Does not make me to install it on my NUC.


No comments:

Post a Comment