Sunday, October 16, 2022

Ubuntu the Linux with Best GRUB Boot Loader

I have recovered from the Linux Panic Mode and I installed two copies of Ubuntu one each on the 1GB SATA Disks.

Ubuntu's GRUB is fabulous and nothing to compare with.

I was under the impression that I had IDE spare disk.

I was wrong (I did not care to open the PC and look).

In any case it was working well over 8 years and why bother?

It is now in better order with two Ubuntu copied installed (I will change one copy to 22.4, once it is downloaded, soon).

The motherboard had all SATA ports and none IDE.

I have a IDE to SATA port PCI slit into the PCI slot in the mother board but I have no IDE disks left.

I have discarded them and changed to SATA.

I have three spare SATA Disks.

1. 40GB not enough to install even Ubuntu.

2. 120GB just enough for Ubuntu.

3. 250GB with Ubuntu copy installed.

No slots in the mother board for IDE.

Luckily I had only one 80GB brand new hard disk and I loaded it to an external IDE case and booted DeepIn Chinese Linux.

I had 120 SSD with no master boot record which removed yesterday with only one distribution installed.

I put in an external vase but Intel NUC BIOS won't boot it.

It needs EFI code signal.

All the other distributions were in the 1GB  SATA including my regular Debian.

I have two terra bytes and I have lot of spare space and probably would be installing SparkyLinuxGameOver.

I am not going to try Batoserra and Steam.

One game player is enough for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment