Friday, April 10, 2015

Plant (Flower) watching!

Plant (Flower) watching!

I daily count the number of flowers after caring for the plants and then do a survey of the insect life (more about it later).

The insect numbers vary depending on the number of flowers.

This is why I am NOW totally against offering flowers on the altar or on temple platform as a godly gift or a godly bribe to incite blessing from unseen Devas (if there are any left in this country).



I usually see three flowers.

I get excited when there are five.

That is my gold standard.

If it is below five I take it as a failure of my gardening attempt.

So I persevere.

The other day I counted ten.

That was well past my goal post or gold standard.

Mind you it is a warning or a sign of weather changing for good.

I think it was a blessing this time after ten or more years of smile-less faces in this country, whether south, north of in the mid country.

I think this is a good year to make good choices for biodiversity if not political for me.

Most of them were water plants but there were five terrestrial plants and one a weedy vine.

If I counted the teeny weeny water plats it would have been almost 15.

To me it was a colossal achievement.


My exotic Dragon plant and Vanilla Plant are yet to bloom.

One Year Later
07-03-2016
Extremely warm 32 to 35 C.
Fish in the open die. Cover the top with black polythene to prevent absorption of heat and light.
 Only three flowers this time but one exotic.
Vanilla plant all dead except one.
Dragon plant is producing shoots all over but no flowers.
Pipal (BO) trees on pots barely surviving.
If I do not water all the plants would be dead in a week.
Global Warming is REALLY here.

No comments:

Post a Comment