Thursday, July 25, 2024

openSuse Tumbleweed Installation

openSuse Tumbleweed Installation was a disaster.

Except for WiFi configuration, the installation, selection of partitions, installation of software protocols were cumbersome.

I had to click Yast and figure out  how to install software.

Abiword, Anglefish browser and Frozen Bubble took almost 45 minutes to install.

Each package is downloaded one at a time as rpm package and then the dependencies were checked. 

Before that software repository had to be configured.

Everything was slow.

Games selection is no more better than what Gnome has.

I installed Gnome but it seems to prefer KDE with all the attendant problems.

I am going to try Redhat Nobara but it ruined the boot record.

I installed Gnome and back again the GRUB has come to live.

Need to install my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment