Sunday, July 21, 2024

OpenMandrivaLx

Disregard my old comments about OpenMandriva

OpenMandrivaLx

Mandrake was my heart throb but it had to be discontinued due to legal wrangle with its name. I could never lay my hands on its "Globe Trotter" utility.

Of course OpenMadriva kept the Mandrake, Mandriva tradition alive.

I only tested Gnome and is pretty good.

It has the Gnome base and WiFi configuration is smooth.

It has a Live DVD now which I did not in the past.

It has Gparted for partitioning.

Its Installer is distribution independent Calamara installer which I do not like (heavy).

It has no  Synaptic package manager and on that groung i won't use it.

It has its own repository which lacks lot of good things in Linux and Gnome.

Its supports bulky SNAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment