Saturday, July 28, 2012

BBC Sports and Olympics-Big Thank YOU.


BBC Sports and Olympics-Big Thank YOU.
I must confess that I do not watch BBC news at all because of its partisan nature, lopsided views and cyclopic eyes from the time of Tony Blair and Iraq War.
I must confess I even do not watch Rupavhinie of Sri-Lanka.
I briefly watch CNN which is studded with ex-BBC guys and girls who has left BBC probably with disgust.
Having said that, I have the habit of browsing the BBC cricket which is by far the best of all its sports features.
I love listening to Sir Geoffry Boycott and his Yorkshire accent.
I started from Yorkshire and worked myself to London and we rarely saw a bobby on patrol those days.
Now they are obsessed with security mostly due to Thatcher´s and Tony Blair´s lopsided foreign policy.
Britain used to be neutral till Mrs. Thatcher´s alliance with Ronald Regan.
I think the Olympics gives them a chance to be neutral again.
I do not mind they support their teams and sportsman to the hilt and win more medal than Australia if they can.
I used to Support Sebastian Coe, Steve Overt and Cram (forget his Christian name) those days and wish to hear their voices and see their old faces on this page.
One mile, 1500 meters and Roger Bannister are my favorite themes.
One gets once in a lifetime chance to hold Olympics in a country and hope the weather would keep cool for the athletes.
But this is to say big THANK YOU to the computer guys who worked many hours to get one of the best sports pages.
Well done guys and girls doing computer work.
You guys are never complimented like the backstage props.
For the competitors I have something to say.
When you are in my age you would love to have your fond memories permanently recoded digitally, even one does not get a medal.
Some of you guys and girls have not given your photographs to the BBC sports.
Hurry up and do it before you leave London.
I have suggestion to BBC Sports, please make an effort to give each competitor a DVD FREE before they leave London.
After all it is only 10,000 copies.
It not winning but participation that matters.
But do not give it/them to the officials please, some of them are very corrupt in this part of the world.
Sometimes more official than the athletes comes on state coffers and have no understanding to play fair.
This is the time British Sportsmen and Women can show the politicians that they are a neutral nation in the 21st century, again.
That is the fillip the BBC Sports can give all the sportsmen and women without drugs.
I hope officials will take stern action to stamp drugs in sports and apply the same rule they applied to Cricket.
By the way I missed the first test match in toto.


I new the South African will do the impossible deep in my heart.
To me South African captain Graham Smith was the most amiable captain of all and nobody has given credit for that feat.
I have never seen him in the field with antics.
He is a good soul and I hope he gives the (I still do not know boy or girl) baby the name FAITH, since the money and corruption has taken over the center stage and has tarnish the image of sports in human culture.
We need Faith and Fair Play in sports but not Hope as in business ventures.
Olympics is a business venture when one take the money paid for security in UK.
Why Britain in not secure now,
They lost the faith in fair play in foreign policy, that include little Sri-Lanka too.
Never ever help a terrorist in sheep clothing.
UK has done that for ages.
Now the time to STOIP it.
World is too small for 9 billion people in few years time.
Strategy to control population and conservation of biodiversity are themes that can be implanted on the athletes.
 People still do respect their efforts in the field of sports, if not in the farm/field.
They listen to sportsmen/women more often than the politicians who have failed us in the last century.
This is the time to market that force.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment