Friday, August 1, 2014

7. Why I do not use a cell phone?

7. Why I do not use a cell phone

I have more than 100 reasons why I do not have or use a cell phone.


I will list them as they come to my mind but not in any order of priority,


As an intern I hated a call since it meant, a batch of new arrival of small kids have arrived in absolutely appalling condition. 

Some of them fitting due to low blood sugar nearing zero. 

In fact I had 8 to 10 kids whose blood sugar and CSF sugar zero (exactly 40 years ago).
 

The government at that time told the public it was encephalitis and I proved them wrong without even my medical registration completed. 
Then when  6 months later when I went to collect my own data they had disappeared mysteriously from, medical records. 
Then what I did subsequently, I have to pen down in a latter date of my life nearing my death.

One thing was sure leave the Public Sector Health Service and I was glad I did that and if you read Dengue Dilemma elsewhere in my writings and one can easily guess it. 


It has deteriorated in quality even though it expanded in number.
 

As a doctor I hated bad news on telephone. 

We rarely hear good news when on duty. 

Later in life when cell phone came, I believed in CPP (Calling Party Pays) and flatly refused a cell phone

It is a public nuisance!

It is a nuisance when the cell phone owner has switched it off  when you really needed him/her.

When you travel on a public transport one cannot have a snooze to drown the inconvenience with frequent interruption. 

I love silence in public places. 

Even though I don't use it I have to foot the bill (kids telephone bills).

No work get done in public offices. 

They are busy answering their private call of nature and it is more frequent than real call of nature.

I think it is enough for today but I will add more on  future date when I run short of a topic to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment