Friday, December 23, 2022

Warning for Linux Guys and Girls

Warning for Linux Guys and Girls

 1. AV Linux is pretty Good.

2. I have tested after long lapse Arch (ARCH becoming user friendly) based Blue-Star Linux and it is very pleasing.

3. Manjaro I have not tested but if arch based Blue-Star is good, I have no reservations on Manjaro.

4. MX Linux on the top is not my favorite.

5. Kali I never use.


The bottom  line is unlike Windows and Mac Os there are plenty of Linux distributions to choose.

Be choosy about commercial distributions like Redhat, Suse and even Zorin!

You become their prey.

Test a few and only master one for your long term use.

 

I have few reservation for Live Linux distributions.

The new developer guys leave a nasty script in your USB stick that cannot be erased for re-use of the USB for another purpose.

Not only that it interferes with my NUC BIOS which accept any USB stick to boot and ignore the master boot record in my S.S.D (there is no problem with my old PC, which has a master boot record).

 I am guy who test these distributions and provide a healthy feed back.

I recommend one to use only Ubuntu Linux and a few of Ubuntu derivatives and Mint,

Sparky Linux both Media and Game Over are good but one must have a good understanding of how Linux works to use Sparky Linux.

Emmabantus and Debian are my work horses.

If you are happy with your standard Linux distribution do not change during Christmas.

There are hackers all round this time of the year.

Enjoy the Christmas spirit with chocolates, wine and spirits and not Linux.

The rest like PoP OS, Zorin, MX Linux, PCLinux, Endless OS and few others do the bad things to your hard disk, SSD and USB disks.

After the Coronavirus pandemic Linux has not taken great strides in the computer world except a few additions of hardware to the kernel. 

The Debian's advice is not to throw away the Old BULL (the old distribution).

My advice is to look after your OLD DOG but do not bring a new Puppy!

Read my piece here on "No Dog / Puppy at Christmas".

Beware! 

Be prudent.

No comments:

Post a Comment