Friday, September 17, 2010

Absolute Linux--90

This is on of those installable CDs that takes over your hard disk in toto.
so look at the label is it Live or Install.
I almost erased my hard disk it with it .
Even then I have several editions of it but never install it to see its worth.

I fetched and got live Cd in a zip file from Softpedia and ultimately made a image and booted little while ago for testing.

It looks xfce but there is no record that it was from xfce was visible in the booted front.
It is very shaky with it configuration of x-Windows and warn and ask you some worrying questions (for a newbie) before the last stage of mounting.

It puts anybody off including me.
It readily displays the user and root and their passwords and violates the principle of password by using only 55 and 77,
that is not the lesson a newbie should learn.
Thanks it is in zip file only a Linux fan can unravel its secrets.

This is not for newbie as yet and it cannot be installed!

It is a good try and it has a long way to go like Centos (Salix has joined the fold recently) and the like who took up Live CDs seriously only lately.
I will be with you with Salix moment I download and test it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment