Tuesday, October 15, 2024

End of Baila Sudiya, Come JVP/NPP

End of Baila Sudiya, Come JVP/NPP

I have reason to believe the price of alcohol will go up in price soon due to some political arrests. They might start hiding stocks just before the election expecting that price hike.
Before reading this piece go and stock your favorite beverage.

To enjoy music and humour bit of alcohol in your system is mandatory.

Biggest Casualty of Ceylon, if we give overall power to JVP/NPP is spontaneous Ceylonese humour.

I may have to end my satire pieces, here. 
This may be my last crack at any form of politics. 
All my life, politics globally was a joke (as a medical man).

We had a booklet in the Medical Faculty of medical jokes, anecdotes and songs of Desmond Silva. 
Sunil (Aiyah) Perera was not known then.
Our batch was the last to have the Medical Dance at Queen's Hotel, Kandy.

"Chudamanikkie" and "Polkatu Handa" were the songs.

"Coconut Walla" was our adoption of his  songs to suit medical terminology.

I was in charge of tickets at the gate and we made a healthy profit. 
I could not dance on that day but the rest did.

My obsession was billiards and later snooker and I was very bad in singing.

Athletics and Hockey were my field 
games. 
I was very bad in cricket due to big "Blind Spot" in my eye.
Even in soft ball cricket only three deliveries were enough to get me out LBW. I never questioned the umpire. 
I was good in fielding but never given a chance to keep wickets.
However, we were local "soft ball" Champions.

My experience in the University with these guys in 1971 to 1973 is still in my memory. But we used to crack a joke behind their back.

But there was one guy from the Engineering Faculty called "Sinhaya" (name witheld) who was an exception (he was saved from incarceration due to his innate sense of humour, I believe ) to the hidden rule, " no jokes allowed".
 
Ceylonese will stop laughing moment the Cabinet takes the Auth of Allegiance.
  
One has to take permission from JVP/NPP to make a healthy crack at politics or draw a cartoon but they were "Street artists" of yore.
 
Sunil (Aiyah) Perera songs and Desmond Silva Baila will be banned.
 
Raja Sabawa comedy or any new acts won't see the light of the day.
 
Please think about it.
 
Laughter is the best Medicine (not Politics).

First thing first, my gut feeling is, NPP/JVP is very amateurish in it's approach to Governance. 

 
They will be ruthless to adverse comments by opposition and average voter, in less than a year.
 
That is my prediction.

That is their nature and waiting without commenting on their amateurish Governance, and saying give them a chance is Not Politically Correct, in my opinion.

Voter won't get a second chance with JVP and they will be really bossy.


No comments:

Post a Comment