Thursday, October 10, 2024

Media, Mafia and Political Mirage

This piece is short.

1. One can form a party and sell that party at many time the cost price.
This country has over 80 parties.
None of them serve the voter or the citizen.
They serve the party first and citizen last.
I leave it at that.

2. Media is different.
I think Chandrika auctioned the band widths to the highest bidder.
She was stupid and did not buy a piece for future investment.
She has become a victim of her own stupidity.
Like political parties these band widths can be sold not at cost price but at inflated rates.
This is where black money is made legal money. They buy an established media outlet.

Regarding journalists, there are only a very few Independent journalists.
Most of the independent ones were killed (Lasantha, Richard Zouza, Eknaligoda and many more) or abducted and physically threatened.

Those who remain are either stooges or have become comedians (only a few have become successful as comedians).

a) LTTE has a channel of their own in Ceylon.

b) Diaspora invest their money on local and Indian Media

c) One channel is own by Indian interests.
Their income is supplemented by healthy advertisements and reality shows.

d) Media is a global industry and they are owned by major parties and their proxies.
Most these Media create Faked News on daily basis.

e) Donald Trump and Kennedy have no Media Power.
Elon Musk is a Media Mogul who supports Donald Trump.

f) The story in Ukraine is different.
Media is owned by CIA and it's Bandera Proxy. 
Their plan is to interfere with a sovereign nation, called Russia.

3) The woman who leads the EU is the proxy of America.
EU nations have no severeign rights.

4) I have no understanding of Media in Communist regimes. 
It must be similar to our JVP/NPP combo. 
Propaganda to come to power and remaining in power eternally.

5. Alternative Media
One example is MOAT.
Mother of All Talks.
There is a sinister move to suppress Alternative Media.
Ranil bought legislatures to remain in power but failed.

Google has Global Power through YouTube.

Rumble and few others are trying to raise their heads but do not have global coverage.

I support Alternative Media as a viable option to counter Media Moguls.

Ceylon has a few alternative Media and most of them are substandard political organs.
They work as proxies for JVP/NPP combo and claim or pretend to be independent.

All in Sinhala and none in English. 
How they are financed is not transparent.
I do not think that Patreon contribution are substantial.

True Independent Media for me is a Grand Pipe Dream.

6. My blog post is of course is a Store House of my Random Thoughts. 
I have blocked advertisements and have not claimed a red cent from my site.

It was started to promote Linux but has not made any inroads to make Linux a global entity.

It became a political organ in the past to get rid of Rajapaksa Regime (I have removed almost all of those political pieces).

It has only 3000 pieces.
It has had 300,000 hits over 15 year period and I believe 200,000 are my own hits.

Currently it hits 30 a day and about 500 per month.

5. When I decides to write a book I gather stored material from my blog posts.
Assimilate them in a working order.
Edit and publish a book in about 3 months.

But my book on Linux Essentials took almost 9 months.
It is mature enough to be published.

The beauty is I learned a lot about Linux during preparing this book.

By the way, I already have several books on Linux at Amazon Books.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think you should improve your basic grammar before you post, or perhaps engage an editor so that you can put across your ideas more effectively?

    ReplyDelete