Friday, November 24, 2023

Singapore Now

1. It is very expensive.

2. Singapore airline fees have gone up by (6) six fold.

3. Duty free are expensive and very poor selection.

4. Buy your wine from the wine stores outside not at departure lounge.

5. It is very crowded.

6. Airport Hotel for overnight stay is always booked.

7. Sleeping on an armchair after missing a connection flight is not pleasurable.

8. Food at the airport is expensive.

9. Books in bookshops are expensive.

10. Underground train is always crowded.

11. On one of the occasions I had 10 days of delicious English Treats.

They had just opened a new City Hotel.

My luck came indirectly.

I have only one meal a day when travelling since I hate public toilets.

Hotel toilets are reasonable.

Hotel breakfast is ordinary and I love garlic bread (Macdonald type) and they never made a good one in the hotel, I stayed.

So by 9AM I come out for Window shopping.

Also look for a single good meal.

Bananas are my favorites.

Morning dosai at Komala Villa are nutritious and delicious.

I HATE rice.

This hotel made a Open Display" of morning/afternoon English and Italian food in a street corner.

They were expensive until 1PM and after that they sold the balance left, at cut rate to close the shop to save overtime for salesmen.

This was a bonus for me and the items were fresh.

I bought them in bulk for the full day and the next morning breakfast.

For 10 days I had Super English Meals at cut rate and on the 10th day I was flying back.

Regarding drinks, I have a favourite yogurt milk in Singapore (not Greek yogurt) and  tea and coffee I made myself from the hotel stuff.

No alcohol at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment