The Voayager based on Trixie coming from France failed to boot when Debian Trixie was instslled last.
It is 12.5 Gnome not DVD1 and is taking a long time to partition the 3 partitions I newly made.
Boot EXT4
Root btrfs
Home btrfs
I did not want to make boot partition btrfs.
It has done it.
Installing 298010 files.
No Root and User with Gnome Live Image.
I am going to try DVD1 later since I believe Gnome would not allow me to install KDE on top.
By the way, installer is Calamara 3.2.61, not Debian installer.
No Terminal infirmation in the background.
Installation seem to be brisk.
BootLoader configuration is slow with 38 partitions. No ticking sound on my NUC and very quiet and cool.
Synaptic Package Manager is available but not from Software Bundle.
Transmission is available.
AbiWord was installed in few seconds on Live Session.
I have forgotten all these minor details.
Installation failed.
I would try DVD1.
Also skip using Btrfs file system.
No GRUB file to boot.
Well I have to go for Trixe.
13.6.0 Image has bundled up Synaptic Package Manager with Software. One has to install Synaptic from Software bundle.
Is Debian going to do awy with Synaptic in future?
Big overhead for them?
Gnome number is 48.
Well cellphone utilities, Posh and Lomiri is not available with the DVD1.
Kernel is 6.12.96 13+ Debian
Forky is 7.0.10 but uodated to 7.1.3+ Debian.
Debian 12.5. DVD1.
To begin with fonts are large and I like that very much.
With newer versions fonts have befome so small I type the password 3 times since I fear making a mistake and not being able to boot.
This happened at least twice with my old laptop.
Fonts are also small in cellphone and blogging is bit of a hastle but there is speel correction with Google.
Thank You.
It is taking a long time to detect Partition Table of mine.
All 3 SWAP partitions were automatically selected for me.
Thank You.
Well I can read all the files seated on the little over 3 and a half feet away.
Thank you.
Files are less and less complicated.
Linux image is 6.1.0.50.
Image updated to 6.1.0.51.
Clicked all the desjtops and it amounted to 2900MB. If my memory is correct it would have been little over 2000 with only GNOME.
DO NOT USE Live GNOME or KDE.
Use only DVD1 (not source DVD) and select the desktop one needs.
It is still Python 3.
Still KDE is one packed with lot of unnecessary packages.
No comments:
Post a Comment