Saturday, December 30, 2023

USB MultiSystem Utility

I have one MultiSystem USB which I use to display Linux distributions to new comers.

It supports most of the Ubuntu Based Distributions except Ubuntu.

I have installed Gparted as a default distribution.
It is there for "on the go" partitioning of new hard disk.

Tails do not support it now but it used to support it.

I am going to install Linux Mint cinnamon desktop today.

Arched based Manjero can be booted with MultiSystem but none of the Debian Live DVDs is supported.

It needs Squash file (single hierarchical file) for live booting.

Almost all Puppy Linux distributions support squash file system.

Instead of having several Puppy Linux USN sticks in my pocket several can be included  in a MultiSystem USB with 32GB storage.

Interestingly, Knoppix with a persistent store is included in my MultSystem USB stick.

Its booting CD is not freely available and it comes from France with English language support.


No comments:

Post a Comment