Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Debian on an External SATA Disk

I have tried Debian on 16 GB USB stick and I could not.

Generally Debian does not support USB booting, like Puppy Linux and Knoppix, for good reasons.

It has enormous repository of over 60,000 parts and stating them as Android phone is improper.

Some parts are a few MB but other parts are heavy like language support and kernel.

I had few problems with my Laptop but using TrueOS I have got a two copies in my laptop.

Currently I am installing it on a one terrabyte SATA having resized the home partition to satisfy my needs.

I did not mount a ESP partition of my own creation first by using BSD but let Debian.does the honours.

Hope it will work that way.

I am installing all the Desktops and it takes over one hour to finish installing.
If you are busy do not rush its installation buy plan it ahead.

Yes it does seamless integration of.Three type of Desktops and it has kept the TrueOS Boot Flash to remind me of how it all began.

Moment I.find an.external case for the 120 SATA, BSD will be booted from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment