Sunday, November 27, 2022

Update on LibreOffice

Update on LibreOffice

I have good news for you,
Even though, I have gone back to AbiWord for my writing, I still do some testing on LibreOffice.

Best way to avoid macros is to work the file in AbiWord to begin with.

Then open it in LibreOffice.
Unlike old days LibreOffice van open an AbiWord file.

Then save it in odt or doc format if you want Microsoft.

I tried to be smart and saved the AbiWord file as odt.

LibreOffice copies it but every line is separated by a big gap.

If you let AbiWord file as abw and open it on LibreOffice, then LibreOffice ignores any gaps left by AbiWord.

So I am going to have my first book by LibreOffice published at Amazon (of about 100 pages ) before Christmas.


If one cut and paste from a Web document all what one has to do is to paste unformatted.

The Macros are removed.

There is a problem, though.

At the point of pasting one has to manually change formatting style of LibreOffice before pasting, to text mode.

If one just pastes the file it will copy the formatting style at the top of the page.

If one does not test every time one paste a file, the Index and Tables will get clumsy and one cannot get the file ready for printing.

What I do is have a AbiWord document opened and I paste it in AbiWord so that AbiWord removes all formatting and macros from the file.

Then cut and paste in the LibreOffice, file.

AbiWord always prompt and say the file is corrupt and cannot be saved.

Now that I have found that LibreOffice can use unformulated style on pasting a big file, it saves bit of time for me.

I still do not like it's formatting styles.

It's page layout is not book size but open web page.

I tried a 350 page book file and formating went haywire.
This is all due to lack of page breaks.
Thankfully Abiword open a file made in odt.
I save it with abw.
Job done.


No comments:

Post a Comment