Tuesday, August 11, 2026
What happened to Coding Applications GNU Emac and Vim of GNOME?
I installed all including EMAC, Scribus and Inkscape.
They are very heavy.
They are very heavy.
That is why they are not included in Desktop Editions.
My suggestion is:
My suggestion is:
Somebody not Fedora with technical ane Coding ability should make a distribution incorporating these Utilities and name the distribution appropriately.
My suggestions are:
Geometry in Action
Coding for the Brave
Science in Action
Insights in Linux
New Frontiers
Linux Never Miss
When I install GNOME Desktop, I do not find Vim or GNU Emac incorporated with it.
I do not do any Coding at all but nevertheless, it is a routine for me to install LyX.
Geometry in Action
Coding for the Brave
Science in Action
Insights in Linux
New Frontiers
Linux Never Miss
When I install GNOME Desktop, I do not find Vim or GNU Emac incorporated with it.
I do not do any Coding at all but nevertheless, it is a routine for me to install LyX.
I did not have the time to invest on LateX or VIM as a medical guy doing on call duty.
My time on Latex was limited.
It had the best page layout.
Then of course, I quickly realized AbiWord would do me honours when writing my books.
LyX was the closest substitute to Latex.
LyX was the closest substitute to Latex.
Now that I am finishing my books on a leisurely fashion, I me revisit VIM.
Let me list a few of those coding applications.
Let me list a few of those coding applications.
1. Gambas3 is a good choice.
Yes, Visual Basic of Linux.
Yes, Visual Basic of Linux.
2. LyX as mentioned above.
3. Vi Improved of VIM.
4. Neovim
Never tried it.
Never tried it.
5. Bluefish
That is the one I used during 32 bit days.
6. Xournal Editor
By the way simple little Editors can do bulk of the work.
By the way simple little Editors can do bulk of the work.
1. Gedit
2. Geany
3. Gnome Edit
4. Jedi
5. Joe's Editor
Simple Accident
I went into bit of Panic Mode since, I could not install Enlightenment Desktop under GNOME.
IceWM was there but not Enlightenment.
I even queried AI and AI said whatever it is, it has to be temporary (either maintenance or some updates).
Yes, AI is right it is back.
Yes, AI is right it is back.
No comments:
Post a Comment