Monday, August 15, 2022

Mint Cinnamon Desktop Experience

First of all let me thanks those Linux guys who have embraced Linux and posting some short and some, detailed instructions in YouTube.

I just tested keyboard (all forgotten) ctl and h and got dot files appearing in the home folder.

I used to edit fstab boot configuration file in the early days.

Mind you, I rarely use keyboard shortcuts since one hasty touch of a shortcut would spoil a day's work.

The cinnamon is sleek similar to Ubuntu but  with extras.

Like Steam, Skype, Telegram and few more,  I have never used.

I have no hesitation to recommend it to new users.

Idea was to test the bootloader and it worked well but it took a long time to recognize various distributions already installed.

I have used the old rotating disk with master boot record and I do not know how it fares on  SSD.

My belief is it will not dual boot another distribution on SSD.

I begin to love the cinnamon desktop and old days of Linux with up to 8 work places.

In summary, Ubuntu is my personal recommendation but it has limited but essential utilities.

Mint has lot but installation is painfully slow and customization is impossible since installation is OEM.

It took ages to find already installed distributions.
But it was worth the waiting since , I wanted the old kernel 14.5.
In other words if you want cutting edge and kernel 15 add on do not try Mint.

One thing good was it only used English and there was no time wasting deleting unwanted languages at the end of the installation.


No comments:

Post a Comment