Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Debian the Mother of all Linux and God Father too on the reverse of the DVD.


Debian the Mother of all Linux and God Father too on the reverse of the DVD.

I started Linux with Fedora.
Before that Knopiix.
Debian was my “Bellyache in Linux” when I started Linux.
Debian is the mother of all Linux.
But my entry was Live CDs (Knoppix to begin with) and Mandriva (later Mandriva- and still later Magiea) and PCLinux.
My biggest bellyache was finding the 6 working Debian.
Having found it took nearly (I did not know anything in Linux having come from Windows.
That made me to read “Joy of Linux” to get the fear out of my system.
By six months I was having Linux in an old IBM computer with 4M graphic card (not 4 GiB).
That speaks of the minimal resources Linux uses at start up.
Now Debian is my “Heart Throb” and currently downloading ( All in one images) both 6 for archive and 7 for use with very few torrent leeches and seeders.
Once downloaded, I will leave my computer running (I have stop my Linux computers running 24 hours to save electricity and we pay highest electricity tariff in this part of the world) as a seeder for others to build up enough connections so that download time becomes shorter.
Mind you my one month electricity bill enough to pay for year subscription of Linux magazine which often comes with a double sided DVD with Linux distributions.
I hope they will have an article on Deabian on the next issue.
This is belated birth day from me.
There guy who update the Debian Documentation in France.
He was a nice Linux guy who translated that into Linux.
Apart from USA, France is the country with lot of subjects are community and social minded (unfortunately not so in UK-only very few guys and girls).
I suppose Linux cannot Root in UK country side like cricket.
Debian can be God Father of Linux too.
It has over 66,000 packages which Apple and Microsoft could never could catch up.
I hope I live to see its 40th birthday.
I am geriatric you know and I started trying Linux when I was well past fifty.
It is said old dogs can learn new tricks.
Yes it is.
Puppy Linux is my favorite, if I exclude the above.
Puppuy is getting fatter with SimpleLinux (147 issue now) with many tiny and mature versions.

From DistroWatch
Finally, we are happy to report that last week the Debian project turned 21 years old. On August 16 the following message appeared on Debian's website, "Today is Debian's 21st anniversary. Plenty of cities are celebrating Debian Day. If you are not close to any of those cities, there's still time for you to organize a little celebration! Happy 21st birthday Debian!" Debian is not only a respected distribution, especially popular in the server market, but it is also the basis for other well known distributions such as Linux Mint, Ubuntu and Raspbian for the Raspberry Pi. Happy birthday, Debian!

No comments:

Post a Comment