Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Sparky Linux Installation

I have just finished installing Sparky Linux.
Unlike other Linux distributions it is happy to stay alongside other distributions and it's GRUB is similar to Ubuntu.
It says it is light wright secure and fast at boot.
It is actually fast at booting since it does not go through the file integrity checks at boot time.

Reason I tested Sparky Linux is to test it before I install Sparky Linux Game Over distribution.

It is slow to download and it has very few seeders.

My data finished in the middle of download and I won't go out for another 10 days to reload.

It's Debian based and I bet it is stable.
It uses Plasma Calamara Installer.
It's desktop is light weight and not Plasma.
It's desktop is clean without clutter and got a liking for it straight away.

It has its own application site and it supports WPS, OpenOffice and a multitude of office applications but there was no AbiWord.

It is going to be one of my regular  desktops once I install Sparky Linux Game Over.

It is going to be a healthy alternative for Steam Deck and Batoserra.

I will update my experience later and I have no hesitation of recommending it.

I downloaded Salix Linux and it looks like a replica of TrueOS.

TrueOS gone defunct and I have not used BSD for some time and I will soon be testing it.

It's installation is very cumbersome and I gave up.


No comments:

Post a Comment