Wednesday, February 7, 2024

MX Linux Install

MX Linux Install is bit of a pain even for guy who is using Linux for donkeys years.

I am surprised it stand first in the ww.distrowatch.com list.

It took ages to configure GRUB and I hope it did not miss any of my installed distributions. 

But it has enormous amount of resoureces including Virtual Machines.

Problem is I have to install them one by one.

It started as a minimalist distribution and it has become fatty.

I like desktop fluxbox.

I am getting ready to identify fifty (50) types in my book. 

Well MX Linux has a Smart Installer.

I had to type AbiWord and it did find it and installed it briskly.

I am going for light weight desktops and it let me select the avaible light weight desktops.

I selected all.

Torrent also I selected all three available including my favorite transmission,

Deluge is  also installed.

Next I am going for virtual machines.

I hope my var partition will have enough space for all.

Yes, MX Linux has done a excellent job.

It will stand as my fourth (4) favorable installation in my NUC.

It took some time locating the Applications I needed but once selected installation goes on occasionally asking for root password (whereas other distributions ask for password for almost every application.

It tells me the image and installation size,too.

I got all my browsers installed including LiBreWeb browser (I am on with LibreBrowser) in one installation whereas before I had to pick each and every one and lot of distributions did not support Vivaldi (96% Open Source).

I have no hesitation in recommending it but one has to have an understanding of how Linux works.

No comments:

Post a Comment