Thursday, February 1, 2024

Has Emmabantus Debian 5 become a Monopoly of some sort?

 Emmabantus Debian 5 has become a Monopoly and it does not recognize Ubuntu and Debian which is based on.

What a scenario in Linux Community?

On this reason alone i am going to stop using Emmabantus.

Only reason I used it was it has Abiword on first install.

It was a big hassle getting AbiWord in Debian 12.4.0 DVD (of course on a USB).

However Debian Gnome LIVE DVD let me install AbiWord.

I use AbiWord for my books since it has the perfect PAGE FORMAT of all word processors without hindering Macros.

It looks like all popular Linux Distributions have become contained within a Monopoly of their own.

This may be because Linux is becoming popular lately, due to its abundance of utilities and there are many interesting Linux distributions available FREE to TEST DRIVE.

Why say this is most of the new GRUB Utilities except Ubuntu Linux recognize the already installed and living within the same hard drive. 

I have overcome this problem by installing Ubuntu first of all to get the partition table in good order and last of all to get the GRUB File in working order.

I do this starting testing in December and finishing installing by End Of January.

Today is 1st of February (leap year by the way) and I am ready to finish my books in record time.

One is is on to say SLEEP is not a LUXURY! 

Well I am running on a Live Ubuntu session and my installation is finishing.

Good Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment