Sunday, January 21, 2024

American Style C.E.O.S.

This is a reproduction of a piece I wrote in www.writeclique.com web site of the formerly the British Council Library (no more) established to promote upward mobility in English literary.

Me with no style, believed in FREE SPEECH and dished out many pieces.

For no reason British Council discontinued it ad hoc.

Fortunately, I made photocopies of all of them. I am reproducing some of them in my retirement. I could not do that in my busy life in the University.

My other obsession is Linux up to this day.


American Style C.E.O.S

This is dedicated to Phillip Saddler who stamped his authority in the corporate world in a more humorous way.

I do not think in 2004 he saw or envisioned the comedy of errors created by the C.E.O.s would become a reality in 2008.

Be that it may be, now that it is a reality, he should get the credit for forecasting the Wall Street debacle.

There are several stages of emerging C.E.O.

I find it real in Ceylon, looking at the bookies or the bookies operating in Ceylon for that matter many many years / many decades ahead of America in this activity, emerging form of obscurity to national prominence, in less than a decade of free market economy.

Talking about emergence of relatively small number of about 20 business tycoons in Ceylon is redundant (there are many more dubious ways including cricket much more than found in America to become rich). and this is for a young MBA who is aspiring to join the CIMA and looking for a career in MBA and wants to become successful CEO.

In passing, I should however state, that there are many lessons the Americans should learn from us, including NGOs, how one could rise up the ladder quickly without bureaucratic hindrances, the Americans have in their system only merely supporting our Terrorist Outfit with international support.

That is not the intention but this is the American way of success.

There are only 8 stages.

it goes like this.

1. Bluffer

2. Sucker

3. Bloomer

4. Image or Body Builder

5. Flogger

6. Crusader

7. Panoramer

8. And finally, the Economic Nirvana

I will expand on each stage later.


No comments:

Post a Comment