Thursday, January 11, 2024

Debian Standard or Desktop Live

Debian Standard or Desktop Live

 Please note that Debian  use Calamara Installer.

Yes, the Debian Standard is the Distribution for install with a guy or a girl with some basic knowledge and understanding of Linux and Partitioning Strategy from which he or she can build up the necessary components. 

It configures Wireless WiFi effortlessly.

I think its desktop is Gnome.

I did not try installing it since I already have three Debian based Distributions, Debian, Ubuntu and Emmabantus installed in my tiny Toshiba Hard Drive with 320GB and I have an additional 40GB of NTFS partition for storing my favorite distributions.

Each distribution has its own distribution Iso in its Download Folder, not expecting any breakdown which never happens but as a Display Option to a newbie (there aren't many).

I have tried installing Debian 12.4.0 but could not get new software install.

May be I did not configure my WiFi properly but on install it has 8 Desktops to test at boot time.

One can have only one desktop at a time.

Good old days, I think with Puppy Linux, I could switch to at least three light weight desktops without rebooting.

I wish I could have at least three desktop switches of Gnome, Mate and Cinnamon switch without rebooting.

KDE or Plasma desktops have lost my interest in them due to their bulk but guys new to Linux probably love them.

Linux is known for light weight and minimum RAM  use and AbiWord is my favourite writing tool over two decades and is still smart.

I am currently working on two books, one on Dogs (I do not want to write a book on our dog, long gone, probably in heaven) and the other on philosophy.

By the way, I have almost all the Puppy (old and new) Linux Isos in a 32 GB USB stick.

For a beginner, my recommendation is to use the Live Debian CDs (Mate, Cinnamon, Gnome, LXDE, LXQt and Xfce and many more).

However, lightest weight desktops are not available except in Puppy Linux. 

Bye and I will come back, I I find anything interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment