Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Debian the Fall Guy


Debian the Fall Guy
Debian is my “Fall Guy”, what I mean is when everything fails, I fall back to Debian for Rescue.

Recent Microsoft destruction (Indian guys working for Microsoft) of my NTFS partitions (not any of my Linux partitions and my data) made me to revise my options and drop every shade of Windows except Workplaces in Linux.

May be I can call myself fully liberated from the Microsft Monopoly.

I could not have done this without Debian.
Many moons ago, it took almost one year for me to master and boot Debian in a 4 MB of RAM (not GIB) (an old) computer, NOW I can effortlessly boot Debian in many flavours.

Not only that all desktops are integrated to One Installation and one can pick and choose from Gnome Classic to LXDE to xfce and to many more flvous of desktops at boot time.

I love the Workplaces of Gnome Classic. 
They make multitasking easy.

I almost hated Ubuntu desktop, even though it was installed somewhere in my hard disk.

I loved Mandrake (when going was tough with Debian) which was easy to install (it had a Globe Trotter, portable boot up disk) and I am sad about its demise but have a copy of OpenMandriva in my other computer.

Then I migrated to SuSe and its current distribution cannot boot up my other Linux distributions.
But with Debian’s superb GruB file which detects seamlessly all other distributions, I am up and running.

I am going to say Good Bye to Peppermint since it cannot configure graphic of my TV monitor (I use an old TV monitor to ease my eyes with large fonts).
I say Good Bye to Ubuntu for its divergence.
I feel sad for the Ubuntu guys who a left high and dry by Canonical about turn.
This to say Thank You to the Debian’s Guys and Girls for keeping the spirit of Linux and flowing.
Now I can have AbiWord in Debian (it wasn't earlier.

AbiWord is the lightest but most powerful word processor.

Even Knoppix 8.1 the latest DVD has problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment