Friday, June 11, 2021

Word Processing, why they have become bulky?

Computers work on input and output basis.

If you put garbage in garbage comes out.

This principle applies to word processing, in general.

I downloaded a simple word processor to test in Android.

It did type all right, I could not transfer the three lines to my email to be sent to my blog site.

This is the third time I have come across this problem.

Sending to an email is like sending to the printer.

The document that sits in your Android, computer or an old typewriter is a useless as a dropped leaf (it is called apoptosis).

I do not want the three word lines to sit in my Android or become apoptotic.

Those three word processes I deleted or uninstalled immediately.

No surprise.

Except AbiWord I have not found a single LIGHT WEIGHT word processor that does super efficient word processing and page formatting.

NONE.

They have Macros sitting in them and try to accomplish multiple instructions in One Go.

That is why one has to redo the document even after checking the draft print.

Every paper typed or printed does create to trees being felled and in that sense digital typing should be precise and each instruction should be precise, so that the output is going to be crisp.

If you take LibreOffice, it has to cater for a large number of languages and put all that languages, in the initial installation of the Linux distribution and then delete unnecessary ones at the end of the installation.

A waste of time.

The right way about should be to give the light weight basic construction code to the particular country using the particular language and the country then  develop the big final structure with their team.

With Coronavirus hampering large international gatherings, in one place, a smaller team in individual the country can do the bulk of the work.

Scaling is necessary and mandatory.

The One for All is a Failure.

Google doing transliteration even though practical  is not the way about addressing this universal problem.

I do not like patch work but that is what is happening.

For my part I stick to AbiWord for my work.

If I do some typing in French for instance. I will take back that document to AbiWord in early stage and reduce it's bulk and send it by email, if I wish.


No comments:

Post a Comment