Saturday, July 31, 2021

Problem of Eight and Endless OS

I have encountered a novel irritation which I tentatively diagnosed as a BIOS virus.

This script interferes with my Laptop which I installed Debian 10 and Emmabantus which are two excellent distributions.

Debian is limited with some old packages missing particularly AbiWord my workhorse.

Emmabantus is padded with 5 GB of extra packages(Debian 25 with all the desktops) but only two desktop types.

I love all the desktops and try them at various occasions.

Coming to Problem of Eight at the time of booting and entering of password which had numbers it sends a stream of eights which the backspace cannot erase.

During typing of words in AbiWord and Libre Office a never ending serious of  8 keep on auto typing which I could not erase with backspace finger typing.

I tested my mouse working OK but changed the mouse.

I wanted to add a USB typewriter but no room left.

I could not test the keys of the Laptop but I use keys very softly except Ctr and C.

I got annoyed with file checking utility at boot time which Ubuntu introduced and type CTR + C and this probably was recorded in memory as 8.

That is my guess.

Debian does it gently and Debian also could not abort the never ending 8.

To abort it I type Ctr and C.

I think the operating system assigned an arbitrary number 8 anticipating my keyboard routine without a command function.

I had to reinstall my installation.

Mind you I have to use BSD or TrueOS to erase Windows BIOS obstruction.

I was up all night and solved the problem in 7 hours.

The bottom line is let your operating system to do its file checking for your owm good and sip a cup of tea.

I now know it does finish the file checking routine before our electric kettle boils water for two cups of tea.

My tea contains 600 mg of caffeine and is not a cup but a jug.

Let your system do it own self checking and wait patiently.

I want it to be fast and I am basically impatient and impulsive and want to be faster than a computer.

In actual fact my brain is faster and I do not want AI to know that.

If AI knows they will make me a slave or guinea pig.

I got to be little brainier than a computer or an AI.

I think modern games use this impatience in young guys to trap them in a game mania

I love games and wish success of Steam Deck.

Pensive mood solves even very difficult problem.

Even after reinstalling this Figure of Eight 8 bug started recreating it's annoyance.

Even BSD could not erase the number 8.

Finally I installed Endless OS which takes over the hard disk of the laptop but I could erase the 8 fast enough and installed it without a password and got into Internet and signed to Gmail.

Endless OS by nature simulate the Laptop Screen as a Cellphone screen and has Endless number or Free Software.

It is Debian based and takes over the hard disk and no dual booting.

Thankfully it has AbiWord and I have already installed Libre Office.

I am installing 100 odd games including Pingus and Tux racer.

Unfortunately the download speed with Dialog WiFi is very slow.

I have to say Good Bye to Debian and Emmabantus and they fear touching a Microsoft BIOS data

I am convinced now Microsoft once installed its own your computer and won't let you install alternative Linux distribution.

Thank You Endless OS for erasing the Microsoft BIOS data for me.

Even BSD seem to gear Microsoft Strategy.

This is why I hate Microsoft.

I am installing Steam 1 in my Linux expecting to update to Steam 3 next year.

Anyway my laptop is back to its own self due to Endless OS.


No comments:

Post a Comment