Monday, September 19, 2016

Debian 8.6.0-Live DVDs-Now OUT

Debian 8.6.0-Live DVDs-Now OUT
Debian Live DVDs are out now. 
It is 9 months since the demise of the Debian's Ian Murdoch and I dedicate this to him. 
The spirit of the Debian is kept going with his fellow developers. 
Hats off to them.
What I usually do is to boot it and play the card game first.
Booting is smooth, the card game I lost but it was neat arranged. 
Then I go to the web and Firefox fires up well.
Then the next thing I do is write a blog post.
Gparted is missing and Debian guys probably do not want the newbies to erase their hard disk inadvertently.
This is live on Gnome and I downloaded the KDE, too.
It should be as good as Gnome.
Lately I have an affinity for the Gnome.
There is Mate, too and there are Live DVDS for Apple guys/girls, too.

Thank YOU very much Guys/Girls at Debian.
Keep up the Good work!

KDE is nice but bit bulky for my computer, with only 1 GiB of RAM in my 32 bits IBM.
It has PAE for both 32 bit and 64 bits.
It can be installed from the same DVD.
It has latest LibreOffice.
Firefox was bit (with cookies) slow compared to Iceweasle without cookies around.
I prefer the latter as a browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment