Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Grieving Bul Bul Couple and the Fearful Eagle


Grieving Bul Bul Couple and the Fearful Eagle


Now that I wake up with the singing birds I never bargained for a painful and monotonous tone of a couple of grieving bul buls.


Not the cheery and chatty three tone musical singing but the high pitched and painful cry of the male bird (probably -the larger one).

Then the mother (probably-smaller) with the wings spread (as to cover the brood) on the palm tree and following me round the garden.

Either telling me or suspecting that I had stolen her young ones.

It was painful for me and I decided to pen this.

My wife told me there was a big eagle hovering round the nests of the bul bul with few young ones.

Next day there was no chirpy chirps.

I knew the inevitable and the rest of the flocks and the babblers too disappeared.


Only these two remained well after their morning calls.


I do not know how long their parental hormones effect the grieving.

I am not going to count the days but be calm and listen to their instinctual bondage calls as long as they grieve with Metta Meditation.


I heard the warning note of the squirrels the other day but took no notice of the eagle.


Today not even the eagle squeaking note heard.

The eagles have a vast range and a big appetite.
I wonder why they do not eat their young?
The animal world is strange.

He must have followed the rest of the flocks of birds for next round of nests (nesting grounds).

No comments:

Post a Comment