Thursday, September 22, 2016

Keeping Pet Fish-01

Keeping Pet Fish

I will list few of my priorities.
1. No kids under 12 at home.
 

2. It is one man job and no delegation unless absolutely necessary (on holiday or on a meditation course).
 

3. Minimum intervention, that you never but your finger to see whether water is too warm.
 

4. No smoking!
 

5. No cats or dogs (one item is enough, why you make your house a zoo).
 

6. One should have several simple thermometers in your household.
Find the coolest room not freezing dungeon!
Fish can tolerate cool weather better than very warm summers.
 

7. Adequate light either natural or artificial.
No point keeping them in a dark corner.
How can you see their beautiful colours?
 

8. No artificial chemical sprayers at all, including personal perfumes.

9. Adequate ventilation to the room and a minimum of one air pump (compressor) and a spare in case the working one goes bust in the night.
 

10. If you do not have 5 minutes in the morning and 
10 minutes in the evening to spare, please do not think of starting this exotic hobby.
 

When I was in the United Kingdom (we did not have all the fancy stuff coming from China now in Ceylon then), I bought all the stuff except a glass tank and never started this hobby while there.
 

No sooner I was back in Ceylon, I was in full swing.
 

One thing good about British stuff was they would last 10 years (unlike the Chinese stuff) solid no leaking, no electric shocks and basically no complaints (this 1980s).
 

Good solid equipments and a firm stand to place the heavy tank is of utmost importance.

Now I will tell you why the above priorities.

No fish should die under my care except for old age and born invalid.
I have kept a gold (I called it the Clown Fish) without air bladder and several blind ones (one left currently).
My best advice is do not start, if you love your freedom.
Children lose interest within six weeks.
Just do not blame them that is there simple nature.
Do not make your kid to do the dirty work.
Let them be free too.

No comments:

Post a Comment