Friday, September 17, 2021

Tribute to Sir Clive Sinclair

Sir Clive is only a decade ahead of me.
He was the one who made me to dive and drive into computer science and electronics.

AMSTRAD computer also came around at that time but I did not fancy both of them but hooked to American Atari ( or did it come from British Hong Kong) in no time.
Many moons later in New Zealand I bought a Atari Console for my kids and I still have it in its original box ( of course it is in the attic).

I do not know how I migrated to Linux with 4MB RAM.

Sinclair has only few KB of memory and how they cramped up that memory was to record games in audio cassettes.

I tried to make a address book and it took so many hours and I gave that to one of my friends who was a mathematician (who is no more) so that his only son learns computing.

After the father's death he went into a core but never successful in academics.
I now know Linux is the only operating system that can add power to low memory from fridge to freezer to baby dolls.
That is why it is successful.

It has 28 million lines in its Kernel 15 and STEAM Dock and Drive will be soon on the market.

My ultimate aim was to make few Linux games.

Linux was devoid of games of top class then until Steam application came into existence to emulate Windows games and it is now called I think Proton.


No comments:

Post a Comment