Thursday, February 15, 2024

Basic Needs of a Computer User can be Packed in 800MB of Puppy Linux-Vanilla Pup 9.3.3

Well, well, I did clean Install of Vanilla Pup in my hard disk using 512MB of space.

This was something I used to do ages ago (now forgotten) but I followed the instructions and within 30 minutes my 4GB USB can be removed and any thing I do will be saved on the 38GB Fat 32 Partition.

I used my name for the sfs file which is 532MB the size of the EFI partition in this computer.

This USB stick has all the Puppy Linux distribution Isos and other Linux distributions that I have downloaded to Test.

Yes, miracles can happen with Puppy Linux!

I am glad to hear Barry Kauler is active in developing three wheeler Moped (it is not the correct phrase).

What is good about Puppy is (this an old edition) it mounts all your hard disks partitions at boot time.

It does not do any damage at all to rest of the partitions.

The basic steps in  System can be enumerated in 10 Steps.

 1. File Manager (lot of names for this)

2. Terminal emulator (many in existence to command line instructions)

3. Process Viewer

4. Default Browser, usually Firefox

5.  Default Text editor for coding

6. Default Paint Program

7. Default Word Processor usually AbiWord or LibreOffice.

8. Puppy Setup

9. Edit Tray

10. Help

11. Eleven is Exit

All this can be done on RAM and if you are happy YOU can install it. 

That is what I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment