Wednesday, August 11, 2021

How to find a Leech?

It is not easy to find a leech once it has taken it meal.
It hides for a year for the next meal.
This one of course has a habit of coming in three months intervals.
I collected the rubbish for burning.
Due to rain I did not go out and bag full of rubbish.
Then I noticed a huge Habarala flower and took a little time to admire it.
Then reached for my three month paddy harvest and made it to a bunch and decided to photograph the bunch with all my assortment of cellphones and cameras and completely forgot about the leech who was having a good meal.

Then suddenly noticed a patch of blood and the web between the toe and second toe was shocked with blood.

Unlike mosquitoes leech knows how to anaesthetise the victim until it finishes it meal and one get a soothing feeling unlike a Coronavirus needle site.

It is still hurting even on the fourth day after the jab.

But leech was no where near my foot when I noticed the flowing blood.

Because of my photo event I had forgotten my routine and went into a panic mode fearing it is in my bed with dark blue sheet covering it where I kept the assortment of cellphones.

The blood marks were only in one place and there were no trace path of blood for forensic examination.

Surveyed the footsteps and no luck.
Then next option was to the steps to the rooftop garden.

No luck and after few minutes of casual survey I found it on wall leading to the bedroom.

I did not know where to catch it

Finally decided from the base but it slipped from my fingers and caught I it in the middle and made bloody mess and finally caught him from the front end, so it has at least little blood for its survival.

Not a full meal unfortunately.

It probably got caught between the top of my foot and the sleeper strap and had to let go the sucking grip.

Finally it ended up in the place where it is safe from vehicle tyres.

So our outdoor garden is healthy for even the leeches due to the South West monsoon spell which is coming to an end.


No comments:

Post a Comment