Friday, November 24, 2023

Linux Distributions Top down to Useless (Pointless)

This is not my assessment but I do agree with him 95%.

Chris Titus, really a Linux Tech GURU.

1. Top Tier
Debian for professionals
Arch for Crazy Linux guys

2. Amazing for New Users
Kubuntu
Linux Mint
Solus
Tails
Qubes  (Snowden's container Linux)

Nobara for gaming, the PROTON creator


3. Best for Business
Alma
Rocky
RHCL
Oracle
Centos
Fedora
Alpine for Containers
NixOS
SuSe


4. Creative and Unique
Artix
Clear Linux
Gentoo
Slackware
Void


5. Devil
Redhat
Centos
Fedora
Ubuntu
Zorin

6. Light Weight
Antix
Lubuntu
Peppermint
Puppy Linux
Tiny Core 20MB of Memory


7. Pointless
Arco
Manjaro
DeepIn
KDENeon
Elementary Linux
Endeavour
Garuda
Ferron OS
Kali Linux
Parrot Linux
MxLinux
PCLinuxOS
PopOS


I am a fulltime Debian user and I do test Linux distribution for making a general (not critical) comments.

I am a Puppy Linux and Knoppix fan.

I have not tested a linux distribution for the last 9 months (on full holiday) but had been doing political comments (Novel Revolution) on events in Ceylon.
I even boycotted the Cricket World Cup.

There are few other distribution that wirth mentioning.

1. Emmabantus is an amazing Linux distribution packed with lot of utilities.

2. EndlessOS is similar.

3. Star Linux of Russia is superb.

4. Sparky Linux has many varieties and it has a Gamer Version.

5. Knoppix on a persistent volume is the one I carry in my pocket when I travel abroad.

6. I love Tails but I am not a paranoid guy.
I might use it during Elections in Ceylon.

7. Unfortunately Debian cannot be carried on a USB stick except Live Versions.

8. If one has an old computer with little RAM Puppy Linux might activate it.

9. There is Gnoppix a derivative of Knoppix and last Knoppix release was in 1991.

10. I am into Intel NUC and intel now support Linux by default.

11. SteamOS is the gamers paradise.

12. One should not buy a new computer or laptop and waste money unless you are a game fanatic.

13. 4M Linux is an amazing small linux distribution to play games.


No comments:

Post a Comment