Sunday, December 31, 2023

Beware of Freespire which is based on Linspire

 I have just noticed that Freespire has torrent download image.

Please do not download it. It does not report its Linux credentials!

I have had very bad experience with them long time ago when I was using Windows as my base and learning the basic  of Linux.

Then it was named Linspire and I traced the guy (probably a windows guy who was hired to discourage Linux users) to India and warned him, if touches my hard disk, there will be consequences and he changed the named to Freespire.

It is long time ago and I vividly remember it even now.

This guy may have resurfaced.

So beware!

By the way I am currently installing Ubuntu 23.10.

It is pretty good and it has Android Studio from which one can develop Android applications.

The reason I am reinstalling Ubuntu is I did not give enough room for /var/local/usr partition.

I use Debian and Emmabantus for my work and when I run into booting problems only I go in search of Ubuntu my old time friend.

I still have Ubunutu CDs from version 6.1. 

I learned my Linux from Puppy Linux and Knoppix.

Ubuntu has finished installing.

It was the only Linux distribution that supported WiFi at boot time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment