Monday, January 29, 2024

Ubuntu to SAVE Me Again

Ubuntu to SAVE Me Again

Yes, Ubuntu came to to help me again After Sparky Linux Destroyed my GRUB File.

I had two other distributions in the Hard Disk.

It is 500GB and I have two NTFS file systems to store Linux images for testing an installing.

I am deleting the two Sparky Linux images, not save space but in total annoyance. 

I have two Ubuntu installations and this installation I am going to use for Gnome box and compare with Oracle Virtual Box.

I have already done it Oracle Virtual Machine is a Total Disaster.

With 2GB RAM I can run many test runs of the Linux distributions.

Linux is not resource hungry. 

I am currently installing my favorite tools, including AbiWord, Kodi and few more.

I look for about five things in any Linux.

1. Number 1 is its GRUB boot loader compatibility with other distributions (EFI to be precise)

2. Number two is Abiword.

Word about LibreOffice (because of its multi-lingual capability it takes 1.2GB of space.

This is why Arch Linux and it derivatives which drop LibreOffice and let the User decide the components. 

I am lazy I need all the packages in one sitting including Transmission for torrent download. I have fallen out of deluge which is a good utility, by the way.

3.  Transmission torrent utility.

4. Firefox my favorite.

5. I use Falcon and Opera and Brave and even Tor Browser (occasionally to test Yahoo and Gmail)

6. GIMP

7. Blender

8. Scribus

9. Joplin

10. Paperworks


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment