Friday, January 26, 2024

Rocky Linux is a PAIN to Install with 10.8GB in the USB Stick

Rocky Linux is a PAIN to Install with 10.8GB in the USB Stick.

It is a Redhat derivative and installation was a PAIN.

It takes over the hard disk.

It took half an hour for me to figure out the partition table in my NUC hard disk.

It was a Genome base.

Had about 10 applications.

Figuring out how to configure the WiFi connection was difficult. With my base knowledge I found it.

But having given the password I could not get to the Internet.

It is a poor attempt of Redhat guys to snoop in Gnome but a big failure.

It uses FLATPak and as usual Abiword my favourite was not there.

I erased it with 10 minutes and reinstalling Ubuntu (I used Ubuntu partitions for Rocky Linux).

I had given up Redhat for 30 years and it was a blessing.

By the way, I downloaded Gnoppix and it could not configure the Wireless network but overall improvements are impressive, except WiFi.


No comments:

Post a Comment