Thursday, January 25, 2024

Parrot OS - 6.0 is NOT Superb

Parrot OS - 6.0 is NOT Superb

I just downloaded Parrot OS-6 and installed it on a USB stick.

Mind you I had Parrot OS 5.1 on this USB stick but the difference is it  that I can mount it but installation of additional applications is impossible in a Live Session on the Stick and you are stuck with the facilities available in the stick.

I downloaded AbiWord and installed it in a flash.

This is the first time I have done it.

Thanks to guys and girls of developing Parrot OS.

This assertion is incorrect. 

It can be used in a Live session but cannot save a word file.

I rebooted with the same USB and Abiword was not there even though it has taken total 32GB of space in my USB.

My logic is if they have taken 32GB of my USB for a 5GB Iso, what happens to the 27GB of Real State of working space.

At least they should taken the Real State for the Distribution and leave the rest to be formatted as NTFS or Ext4 partition. 

This is why I love Linux MultiSystem USB where one can test several distributions (Ubuntu based only) but no saving of DATA.

Most of the distributions do not support MultiSystem Utility.

Wireless Connection was instant.

I could log in with my Google Blog Spot and post this.

I am going to try whether I can log in with my yahoo mail.

Yes Yahoo Mail does not let me log in.

I can understand their concern.

I have already logged in with Yahoo Mail using Debian Linux from this NUC. 

I have three distributions installed in the same NUC and I can use only one distributions to log in with yahoo.

But if I have 10 cellphones, I can log in with all ten of them.

Logic is probably security.

But if the password is correct and there is confirming cellphone number that can be geo-located this should not be a problem.

I have to use Parrot OS and gmail for my activity when I travel abroad.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment