Sunday, February 11, 2024

FlatPak, Flathub, Brave Browser and my Gmail

FlatPak, Flathub, Brave Browser and my Gmail

I am using different browsers to do different activities.

I use Opera for quick browsing.

I use Falkon for my torrent activities and yahoo mail.

I decided to use Brave Browser for my blog activities and gmail would not let me sign.

Brave browser is bit funny it asks you whether I would let it pop up advertisements.

I hate advertisements and Google very well knows it.

This piece is not about browsers but about Flathub and FlatPak.

Yes, they are doing a good job to pile up enormous number of resources BUT their synchronisation is very poor, especially with Synaptic Package Manager.

Installing freezes in Mid Air.

I had to Install Ubuntu for about 5 times to get my specifications specific.

Finally, I got it toady working smoothly.

It is not the fault of Ubuntu.

I had to install Synaptic Package Manager as a utility which used to come as a System Utility.

I cannot claim I am a Linux veteran, since I am a Linux user and I would like to have few light weight games while I am writing a book.

No articles now.

Waste of time writing articles, when it is finished new thing has hit the floor or the town.

Even downloading Frozen Bubble and Pingus has become a toil.

By the way, while I am writing this Blender, Inkscape and Scribus were downloaded.

Those are HiFi Linux utilities which I used in the past for learning few tricks. 

By the way, Batosera (Linux Games Library) compressed file is extracting in the background.

Batosera when expanded is 8.1GB and I have done all this with 8GB RAM on a basic NUC.

Thank YOU Intel but you have stopped producing NUC and ASUS has taken over the manufacturing business.

Real multitasking which Window can never accomplish.



No comments:

Post a Comment